915 Dauphine Street, New Orleans

Historic Side Hall Victorian Camelback and Guest House

  • Four bedrooms, three and one half baths

  • Approximately 3,634 total SF, 3,130 SF living area

  • New HVAC — Two Stage Trane System installed in 2018

  • 200,000 BTU tankless water heater installed in 2018

  • Security system with cameras attached to DVR; available on smartphone

  • Built-in sound system

  • Kitchen Renovation in 2013-2014, includes new cabinets & appliances including convection oven and Thermador fridge

  • Remote controlled garage fits three cars 

  • Three year old slate roof with copper flashing over main house

  • Electric and gas line to dryer

  • Watering system for plants

  • New railing to front door

  • Tempur-pedic Murphy bed in Guest House

  • Freshly painted exterior - within last two years

  • Gorgeous fireplaces throughout home - two of which are functional

  • Original pine wood floors in main house

  • Cedar lined closets with built-ins

  • Screened-in porch

  • Well priced at $1,675,000

Property History

The property was first registered in 1722, and the house was built between 1833 and 1836. In 1838, the home was purchased by Henriette Bonvous, a wealthy free woman of color, who also owned two other homes in the French Quarter. She resided in the home for nearly 20 years from 1838 to 1857.  The subsequent owner, Lucien Reboul, occupied the home for 30 years before selling the home to Clement Dabiezie, who lived there for 23 years. The home was then owned by the Pepper family for more than 70 years, from 1920-1992.  What is now the three car garage served as a cobbler shop, for the Pepper family's side business.

© 2019 by Brigitte Fredy      

Licensed in Louisiana

Latter & Blum Inc. 

840 Elysian Fields Avenue  

New Orleans, LA  70117

  • Facebook - White Circle

504-948-3011